Brighton Permaculture Trust is completely reliant on volunteer support - we simply would not exist without it!
To sign up as a volunteer is easy. Just enter your details below, and we'll add you to our Volunteer mailing list.
You will receive emails informing you about the latest volunteer opportunities as and when they arise.
You can choose which activities you want to help out with. There is no obligation to help out on every occasion. We are always grateful for any support!
All we ask is, if you do intend to come along to a volunteering opportunity, please sign up using the link provided in the email. This helps us keep track of who is coming and provides us with contact details if things change, such as postponement due to bad weather conditions.
Ways you can volunteer with us
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Gardening at our plot at Stanmer Park
- Orchard maintenance at Stanmer Park
- Scrumping and fruit picking
- Supporting courses and events
- Community orchard planting and maintenance
- Work in schools
- Admin and publicity (photography, videography, social media)
- Becoming a trustee
Our most regular activity is the weekly gardening session at our plot at Stanmer Park, currently running every Thursday. Some of our work is seasonal; therefore, some times of the year are busier than others. Most opportunities are of a very practical and hands-on nature, and you will be working with experienced team members and other volunteers.
The benefits of volunteering
What we offer in return:
- A chance to be a part of the activities of Brighton Permaculture Trust
- Meet our team and other like-minded people and share ideas, practical advice and enthusiasm for all things permaculture
- Catch up with people you have met on courses/events/other activities
- Learn more about permaculture and get some practical experience putting permaculture into action
- Have fun and feel great that you are helping make the world more sustainable by your actions
- Enjoy discounts on some of our courses if you volunteer regularly
The best way to meet our team and get to know us and our organisation is through volunteering for us.
Want to bring children along?
Please note that all children under the age of 18 and vulnerable adults must be accompanied by a parent/guardian/carer who is responsible for their supervision, discipline, plus any medication needed.
Do you offer internships or a mentoring scheme?
Whilst we can offer guidance and some support on the day, we are currently not able to offer a full mentoring and supervision scheme and do not currently have the resources to host interns, etc.
Sign up as a volunteer today
To get started, join our Volunteer mailing list below.
We look forward to working with you!