Postponed until 2021
This workshop runs from 7.00pm to 9.00pm at Community Base, central Brighton.
Can a game really help us work through life’s challenges in an exciting and inspired way? This tool draws together our core needs, permaculture design principles and ethics to spark the creation of potential solutions for you to implement.
What challenges are you facing right now? What are your dreams? What is desired and needed? For self, family, community and planet? In these critical and chaotic times, it’s vital to design the world we know is possible, the world of our dreams!
Adapt, the design game that applies to everything, powerfully supports and guides a holistic design process – imagining, questioning and thoroughly testing possibilities, strategies and choices.
Play Adapt! Chose to live life by design, not by default. Through game play productive and practical questions will be answered. Adapt uses permaculture design principles and care ethics to guide you to sustainability, regeneration, healing and implementable solutions. Your life may never be the same!
Take home: Adapt strategies & personal action plan
Who is the evening for?
Any and all designers – that means you! You don’t have to be a gamer to enjoy this exploration into a more holistic way of playfully and proactively creating the world around us.
What to expect
We will spend the first part of the evening introducing the game – it’s history, concepts and how to use all it’s parts.
Then we play! Most of the event will be spent playing the game with the challenges at hand.
- Learn how to use a holistic design method for anything you’re designing
- Gain a better understanding of the benefits of a whole system perspective on design
- Make the connection to how all our designs work towards meeting one or more of our core needs
- Application of the permaculture design principle to all aspects of your life
- How to use ethics for evaluation
- Cultivate a new decision making technique
We will have time for a Q&A session and feedback at the end of the evening.
Bridget O’Brien & Charlie Brennan PhD are global gardeners. They have a combined 40+ years of experience as landscape designers, project managers and educators. Weaving together gardening, permaculture, conservation, regenerative practices, agriculture, eco-psychology, sense of place, horticultural therapy and work with indigenous communities, we work with land stewards to regenerate the land.
- £15 – Sponsored/organisation rate
- £15 – Individual income more than 25k/yr
- £12 – Individual income 18-25k/yr
- £10 – Individual income less than 18k/yr
- £5 – Individual, concessionary rate (check eligibility)*
* Concessionary places are limited. If places are not available check back two weeks before the course/event as more may be available then.
We endeavour to make our courses and events affordable to all. Unfortunately, we do not receive any external funding for most of these and rely on large amounts of voluntary input.
See the cancellations and refunds policy.
If you have completed the booking process but you haven’t received a confirmation email from us please contact us to check your booking has gone through.
If you are booking within two weeks of the event, or the event is nearly full, you will not have the option to pay by cheque or BACS. Instead, you will need to pay immediately using a credit/debit card or PayPal.
Be certain that you understand ALL the information on this page, then:
For further information or if you have problems with your booking, please contact us .