Apple Day Brighton is on Sunday 22 September 2019
11am to 5pm at Stanmer Park, Brighton
Apple Day is our annual seasonal celebration in and around the Stanmer orchards. The event is FREE and everyone is welcome.
We have a range of local craft, book, and produce stalls. You’ll have the opportunity to enjoy Brighton Permaculture Trust’s own locally produced cider and fruit juice and we have a variety of food stalls from local, sustainable and ethical suppliers.
Take a bigger bite of Apple Day and join the team – here’s what some of our volunteers say
"It was a lovely day continuing country traditions, in the company and camaraderie of my fellow volunteers."
"I enjoyed just being around good people who were all positive, even in the rain!"
"Huge thanks for the hospitality shown to all us volunteers! What a fun day!"
"I enjoyed the friendly approach to the whole day and was made to feel very welcome and valued, and very well looked after!"
Find out more here.
The day usually includes:
- Orchard and plot tours throughout the day
- Apple Identification with RHS expert Jim Arbury – bring your own apples and find out what variety they are
- Learn more about Brighton Permaculture Trust and how to make your life more sustainable at our Info point
- Fruit tree sales, fruit growing advice and a display of Sussex apple varieties
- Scything workshops
- Plant sales – edible perennials, grown by volunteers on our Permaculture plot, part of Stanmer Organics.
- Apples and apple products for sale
- The bar will be selling Brighton Permaculture Trust cider and juice, all produced on site
The Scrumping project and fresh juice
The Fruit Factory is home to the Brighton Permaculture Trust scrumping project. Each year we process up to 40 tons of unwanted fruit from local gardens and orchards into delicious products while talking to the passing public about what truly local food is all about.
At Apple Day you can have a go at using our traditional press and watch our team make huge quantities of juice throughout the day with apples from our orchards and scrumped from Brighton & Hove. Enjoy a cup of the freshest pressed juice to quench your thirst.