Apple Day Brighton is on Sunday 22 September 2019
11am to 5pm at Stanmer Park, Brighton
Apple Day is our annual seasonal celebration in and around the Stanmer orchards. The event is FREE and everyone is welcome.
We have a range of local craft, book, and produce stalls. You’ll have the opportunity to enjoy Brighton Permaculture Trust’s own locally produced cider and fruit juice and we have a variety of food stalls from local, sustainable and ethical suppliers.
Take a bigger bite of Apple Day and join the team: find out more here.
The day will include:
- Orchard and plot tours throughout the day
- Apple Identification with RHS expert Jim Arbury – bring your own apples and find out what variety they are
- Learn more about Brighton Permaculture Trust and how to make your life more sustainable at our Info point
- Fruit tree sales, fruit growing advice and a display of Sussex apple varieties
- Scything workshops
- Plant sales – edible perennials, grown by volunteers on our Permaculture plot, part of Stanmer Organics.
- Apples and apple products for sale
- The bar will be selling Brighton Permaculture Trust cider and juice, all produced on site
- Music, dancing, storytelling and more: see our entertainment programme.
- Lots of delicious food and a wide variety of stalls including those listed here.
The Scrumping project and fresh juice
The Fruit Factory is home to the Brighton Permaculture Trust scrumping project. Each year we process up to 40 tons of unwanted fruit from local gardens and orchards into delicious products while talking to the passing public about what truly local food is all about.
At Apple Day you can have a go at using our traditional press and watch our team make huge quantities of juice throughout the day with apples from our orchards and scrumped from Brighton & Hove. Enjoy a cup of the freshest pressed juice to quench your thirst.