Cutting-edge talks on green architecture brought to you by Brighton Permaculture Trust and Low Carbon Trust
Saturday 28 March 2020
10:30am to 5pm
Sallis Benney Theatre
University of Brighton
Grand Parade Building
Brighton BN2 0JY (Directions)
What is Green Architecture Day?
Green Architecture Day is an annual day of illustrated talks that has been run by Brighton Permaculture Trust and Low Carbon Trust since 2002. Since then, the event has attracted over 2,000 participants to hear inspiring talks about how we can build, work and live in greener, healthier buildings and communities
Who is Green Architecture Day for?
Green Architecture Day is for you if you have an interest in the environment, people and buildings. Regular attendees include people with a general interest, architects, designers, students, those involved in grassroots projects locally, self-builders, previous speakers and Brighton Permaculture Trust supporters.
What to expect
- Welcome pack and programme on arrival
- Talks from industry experts and practitioners with Q&A
- A range of select stalls providing information, services or relevant products
- Your choice of options for the break out session to include tours, film showing and workshops
- A facilitated panel discussion to conclude the day, embedding all the learning and setting common goals and actions from the day
- Refreshments and lunch included (see below for details)
We will be serving a plant based/ vegetarian lunch – courtesy of Brighton Permaculture Trust chef Fran. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary requirements when you book.
Tea coffee will be provided.
IMPORTANT – Bring your own cup – no disposable cups will be available at this event.
For 2020 we are trialling a heavily reduced fee for the event. We are reliant on booking fees to run the event.
Fees include lunch and refreshments.
- £38 – Sponsored/organisation rate
- £38 – Individual income more than 25k/yr
- £30 – Individual income 18-25k/yr
- £23 – Individual income less than 18k/yr
- £10- Individual, concessionary rate (check eligibility)*
*Concessionary places are limited. If places are not available check back two weeks before the course/event as more may be available then.
We endeavour to make our courses and events affordable to all. Unfortunately, we do not receive any external funding for most of these and rely on large amounts of voluntary input.
See the cancellations and refunds policy.
Paying for your place
Please read this section carefully.
If you have completed the booking process but you haven’t received a confirmation email from us please contact us to check your booking has gone through.
If you are booking within two weeks of the event, or the event is nearly full, you will not have the option to pay by cheque or BACS. Instead, you will need to pay immediately using a credit/debit card or PayPal.
Booking Green Architecture Day
Be certain that you understand ALL the information on this page, then:
For further information, please contact us.
Green Architecture Day archive
Presentations from previous years can be found in our archive.